Dr Dawn Proctor delivers evidence-based therapy, supervision, and corporate psychology services in Brisbane.
Here at Central Minds we believe strongly in taking care of your psychological health, as you would your physical health. After all, your psychological health is central to every other aspect of your life.
Dr Dawn Proctor is a Clinical Psychologist and Director of Central Minds. Dawn has over 18 years experience in clinical and organisational settings.
Dawn completed Doctoral training in Clinical Psychology at the University of Manchester (UK), a course with an excellent reputation for training therapists in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). She has a particular interest in working with clients troubled by persistent emotional patterns that negatively affect their relationships and career. This work is further enhanced by Dawn’s expertise gained from working within a business consultancy and completing a Master of Science in Organisational Psychology (University of Manchester, UK).
Dawn is an experienced, warm, caring and professional therapist. She has great respect for her clients’ openness and courage, as they proactively address their particular issues of concern. Dawn offers a quality service, ensuring that clients access effective treatments backed by scientific research. Open and honest feedback is invited during therapy to ensure that clients are satisfied with the direction taken in sessions.
Dawn is highly experienced in the delivery of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), a present-focused, structured and collaborative treatment. This therapeutic approach is the most widely supported by clinical research. However, when applying CBT Dawn came to recognise that other therapeutic models were sometimes more suited to particular presenting issues and clients. Metacognitive Therapy, Schema Therapy, and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing offer alternative evidence based approaches useful in addressing persistent ‘stuckness’ linked to core beliefs and distressing memories.
Dawn takes time during the assessment to see which therapy will suit the individual and help them to achieve the best outcomes.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Metacognitive Therapy (MCT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention (MBRP)
Dawn is experienced in the following areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Coaching / Personal Development
- Depression and Low Mood
- Difficult Life Transitions
- Emotion Dysregulation
- Excessive Worry and Rumination
- Grief and Loss
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Personality Disorders
- Phobias and Fears
- Relationship Issues
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Stress and Burnout
- Trauma and PTSD
- Weight / Body Image Concerns
Professional Memberships & Registration
- General Registration & Clinical Endorsement – Psychology Board of Australia PSY0000980629
- Member – Australian Psychological Society
- Fellow – APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Full Member – International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST)
- Approved Supervisor – Psychology Board of Australia (5+1, 4+2, Registrar Program, Higher Degree Program, Work in Addition to Higher Degree)
2002 Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology – University of Manchester (UK)
2003 Master of Organisational Psychology – University of Manchester (UK)
2008 Doctorate of Clinical Psychology – University of Manchester (UK)
2020 Advanced Certified Individual Schema Therapist (ISST – Certification in progress).
2020 APS Practice Certificate in Disaster Support